Instruction Manual – TV Viewing Study
Hello, thank you for agreeing to be part of our research. We hope you find the setup easy, and enjoy earning rewards by watching some great TV.
A step-by-step guide to setting up is detailed below. Or, scan the QR code below to watch our setup video..
After you have watched TV for your chosen time, you will be emailed your first reward.
In your package, you will find:
1 x iPod touch
1 x small tripod to mount the iPod
1 x pre-paid return satchel
Part One: Set Up
1. The Room
- Pull up a comfy chair in front of your TV
- Make sure the room is well lit, so the device can read your face in the room.
2. The iPod
- Remove iPod from box
- Power on iPod using the power button in the top right-hand corner
- Check that it has at least 50% charge
- Connect to your home Wi-Fi
3. The Tripod
- Unwrap the packaging and screw the top bracket to the tripod legs. If already put together, no action is required.
- Take the iPod and mount it into the tripod bracket. The adjustable top bracket will move to fit your iPod.
- Ensure that the rear facing camera faces forward, with the camera at the top. Please note: This means that the back of the iPod faces towards you
- Ensure the iPod is positioned so the camera is at the top right of the iPod.
4. Placement by TV
- The iPod should be connected to charge. You can plug in the cable or use your personal charger.
- The iPod and tripod should now stand alone.
- Place the iPod/tripod directly under the TV, in the centre of the screen. You can see the camera setup marked in red in the image on the right.
- If your TV is wall mounted and you do not have a cabinet directly underneath, find a stool or a suitable piece of furniture on which you can safely sit the tripod.
Please note: the iPod/tripod must be right under the TV, not on the coffee table, or anywhere else. Rear camera must be facing towards you to be able to detect your face.
Part Two: Watching TV
1. Turn on your TV
- Choose a program to watch on any of the following channels:TVNZ1, TVNZ2 and Duke. This can be at any time of the day or night.
2. Launch the attentionTRACE app on the iPod
- Once the TV is on, launch the app on the iPod. (see logo below).
- Enter your unique login ID. This will be sent to your email from Amplified Intelligence.
- Place the iPod back into the tripod mount in the centre of the TV with the rear camera facing towards you (refer to part 1, step 4).
- Ensure iPod remains on charge and connected to WiFi for the duration of your viewing.
3. Select program from the TV
- Upon logging in the attentionTrace app, select your program length: 30 or 60 minutes.
- Your selection should be based on the length of the program you are watching. This will ensure your incentive is processed correctly.
Remember to read through the guidelines to watch TV to ensure eligibility of incentive on all your sessions. Read here
You will receive regular emails from us with viewing recommendations, reminders and updates. Please contact us if you have any issues: firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy TV watching! Thanks for being an important part of our study.